Monday, August 10, 2009

First day recap

August in Mississippi isn't necessarily the best time to begin an exercise program, but that's what I'm doing. There's no time like the present. For timing and pacing, I'm using the PODRUNNER: INTERVALS program which I dl'd from iTunes, which appears to be a pretty standard c25k program found on the web. The music is original techno typo tracks, which hopefully will keep me on a steady pace.

At five-thirty the alarm sounded. I quickly dressed in my technical duds and my new Mizuno Wave Alchemy 8 shoes. After drinking a big glass of water I headed out the door to start my Couch to 5K program. The brisk ~138 bpm 5 minute warmup went well and I had already walked almost a 1/2 mile. The first 1 minute run started and I started noticing the thickeness of the air and felt a burning in my upper airway. I made through, then reversed direction and did my 1.5 minutes still at a brisk walk.

The second 1 minute run was harder, and I dropped to a walk around 45 seconds. Well, to cut the story short, I kept up the brisk walk pace through the rest of the workout and got back home safely.

I'm glad to have started a program that will improve my health and wellness. I know it will get better little by little.

No comments:

Post a Comment